This Valentine’s Day we’ll help you show your gluten free guy or gal how much you love them with a full menu from the minute you wake up till you’re snuggling up in the evening. The best part? These recipes can be easily made from “from scratch” … even if you’re not a regular in the kitchen!
Here at Undiscovered Kitchen we love discovering new and unique small batch products so we’ll help you create the most delicious dished with some of our favorite spices, mixes, and other artisan products, made in small batches across the country! Why? So you can spend more time with your significant other and less time stressing out in the kitchen.
Get ready for love this Valentine’s Day with these delicious dishes and drink pairings!
BREAKFAST IN BED
Chocolatey Yogurt Parfait
What better way to start your morning than with something simple and delicious with minimal prep time so you can spend most of your time snuggling in bed! Start your Valentine’s Day with this Chocolatey Yogurt Parfait using artisan, all natural goodness!
Chocolatey Yogurt Parfait by Completely Delicious
- Your favorite granola – Our recommendations:
- 1 cup yogurt, regular or greek
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- 1/4 cup Jam Labs Strawberry & Chocolate Jam
- In 2 half-pint jars, glasses, or small bowls, alternately layer the granola, yogurt, fruit, and jam.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Sweeten your morning cup of tea or coffee with a Gluten Free Stroopie! The stroopwafel is a famous Dutch delight! It is a cinnamon cookie made in a waffle press with a home-made caramel sauce. The steam from your morning cup will melt the caramel inside for the perfect coffee companion.
Blushing Mimosa by Southern Living
- 2 cups orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons Liber & Co. Real Grenadine
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- Pour equal parts orange juice mixture and Champagne into Champagne flutes.
- Enjoy and repeat!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chicken Fingers
No need to go out for an overpriced dinner this year – Instead, show your sugar how much you love him or her but putting a chocolate twist on this favorite classic dish!
Chocolate Paleo Chicken Tenders by Allergy Free Alaska
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon Gustus Vitae Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Bondat Foods Chocolate Chipotle Rub
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F) and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a pie plate or another shallow wide bowl, mix together the almond flour, flax meal, smoked sea salt, parsley, chocolate chipotle rub, and ground black pepper.
- In another small mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Blot the excess moisture off from the chicken tenders with paper towels and then dip them in the egg. Make sure the tenderloins are thoroughly coated in the egg mixture and then dredge them in the almond flour breading, pressing to adhere.
- Divide the breaded chicken tenders up between the 2 baking sheets and lightly spray with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 8-9 minutes. Flip the tenders over, lightly spray again with olive oil and bake for another 8-9 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees (F).
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve immediately, or at room temperature.
Kick your fingers up a notch with these dips:
- Deaf Man’s Bourbon Elite BBQ Sauce
- Mustard And Co. Honey Curry Mustard Sauce
- Stuart & Co Bitchin’ Bbq Sauce
- Alex’s Ugly Hot Sauces
- Hot Winter Hot Sauces
Seductive Walnut Fudge by Oh She Glows
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup 3 Nuts Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- With electric beaters, beat together the coconut oil and almond butter.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and beat again until combined.
- Pour in the maple syrup, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Line a loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper. Scoop the chocolate mixture into the pan and spread out until even. I took another handful of walnuts, broke them up, and sprinkled over the top of the fudge for extra crunch and good looks.
- Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour, or until solid. Slice into small squares and prepare to be seduced.
Valentine’s Kiss Drink by Drink of the Week
- 1 oz Plymouth gin
- 1/2 oz of raspberry liqueur
- 1 splash of cranberry juice
- 1 splash of Royal Rose Raspberry Simple Syrup
- Club soda
- Combine ingredients in collins glass and top with club with club soda.
- Garnish with lime and cherry.
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops
This Apple Cinnamon Pork Chop dish will surly impress not only because it’s beautiful and fragrant but because you’ll love how easy it was to make! And for dessert your date won’t believe you made these chocolates from scratch – Anyone can buy a box of chocolates, but the chocolates that truly say “I love you” are the ones you make yourself, because your secret ingredient is all the love you added.
Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops by Gimme Some Oven
- 4 Ribeye (rib) pork chops, bone-in, about 3/4-inch thick
- Gustus Vitae Finishing Salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 apples, peeled (optional), cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup Vena’s Apple Cider Syrup (or regular apple cider)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Generously season the chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Immediately add the pork chops and cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Let chops rest for 3 minutes.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Immediately add the apples and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne. Stir in the apple cider and cream. Add the pork chops, nestling them into the liquid, and cook until the internal temperature of the pork reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare), with a 3-minute rest, and 160 degrees F. (medium), 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the chops with the apple mixture spooned on top!
Apricot Sauce by Martha Stewart
- 2/3 jar (6 ounces) Jam Stand’s Apricot & Ginger Jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Mustard & Co. Honey Curry Mustard Sauce
- Bring jam, honey, and mustard to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until thickened and reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Serve directly on the pork chops or as a dipping sauce.
3 Ingredient Raspberry Chocolates by Allergy Free Alaska
- 10 ounces Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 tablespoon Royal Rose Raspberry Syrup
- Heart shaped chocolate mold
- chopped nuts
- dried or freeze dried fruit
- spices (such as curry powder, ginger, cinnamon, etc.)
- bacon bits
- ground Precision Valley Coffee beans
- heat (like crushed red chili flakes, chipotle powder, cayenne, etc.)
- Place the ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir. Keep repeating this step until all of the chocolate is completely melted (you could also melt the chocolate, syrup and coconut oil over a double broiler).
- Stir in add-ins if any are desired.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the desired chocolate molds and then place in the freezer to harden. Remove chocolates from the molds and store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.
Love and Roses Drink by Drink of the Week
- 2 oz Plymouth gin
- ½ oz maraschino liqueur
- 3 lemon wedges
- 4 to 5 rose petals
- 3 dashes Hella Bitter Citrus
- Top with Prosecco
- In a mixing glass, muddle lemon and rose petals. Add ice, Plymouth gin,
maraschino liqueur and lemon bitters. Shake with ice and strain into a champagne flute.
- Fill glass with Prosecco. Garnish with a fragrant rose petal.
Heart Shaped Gluten Free Berries ‘n Chocolate
Keep dessert simple, classic, gluten free and heart shaped with our Mason Jar Cookies! You won’t even have to touch your measuring cups this time – everything is already measured out for you, and the extra ingredients are already in your kitchen!
- Gluten Free Berries N Chocolate Mason Jar Cookie Mix
- Pink, red and white sprinkles, ideally heart shaped!
- Prepare cookies as directed, and add in as many extra sprinkles as you want.
- Eat just the cookie dough, or roll out dough to be 3/4 inch thick. Take a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out hearts. Bake and enjoy!
For expert tips and tricks on making these delicious cookies, head over to Mountain Side Bride. Her pictures do not show the updated packaging, but don’t worry they still have the same DELICIOUS flavor!
Grapefruit Aperol Margarita by Aida Mollenkamp
For the cinnamon-sugar-salt:
- Sea Salt
- Vena’s Fizz House Bitters Sweet Angostura Sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 lime wedge
For the margarita:
- 3 ounces freshly-squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce 100% agave tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/4 ounce Liber & Co. Texas Grapefruit Shrub
For the cinnamon-sugar-salt:
- Put the sugar cubes in a plastic, zippable bag. Crush them with the flat side of a spoon or the bottom of a cup.
- Put a pinch of each salt and sugar on a flat, shallow plate, add a dash of cinnamon and mix to combine. Rub the lime wedge on the outside rim of a rocks glass. Holding the glass at an angle, dip the outside edge of the rim to coat thoroughly with the mixture.
For the margarita:
- Combine everything in a cocktail shaker, fill halfway with ice, and shake until thoroughly chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass (with the cinnamon-sugar-salt rim, if desired) and serve.