Ever tried authentic Moroccan tangine? With this sauce and recipe, you can easily make it right in your kitchen.
While this is a vegetable tangine recipe, you can easily sub out the veggies for some beef or lamb. You can also sub out the purple cauliflower for any other kind. The cooking time is around three hours, but it’s definitely worth all the effort because there will definitely be extras for the next day.
Look at the amazing color and texture of this delicious Harissa!
After 3 hours… my whole house smelled amazing.
• 1/2 jar Mesa de Vida North African Harissa Inspired Cooking Sauce
• 1/2 cup low-sodium broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
• 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
• 1/2 sweet potato, cut into 2” dice
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 small eggplant, diced
• 1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Place the ingredients into a slow cooker or heavy pot. Mix to combine.
- For the oven: Cook in a 325 degree preheated oven for 2-3 hours. For the slow cooker: Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir and enjoy!