This carrot salad recipe takes only 20 minutes to prepare so it’s easy to whip up when you don’t have a lot of time. It makes a great side with roasted chicken, a pork chop or fish, or for a vegetarian main dish, serve with some quartered hard boiled eggs. I used Mesa de Vida North African Harissa Inspired Cooking Sauce to make it extra delicious!
- 1lb carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (any kind you liked, I used a mix of orange, yellow and purple)
- 3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Mesa de Vida North African Harissa Inspired Cooking Sauce
- 12 black olives (I used kalamata)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add carrot and cook until tender. Drain and transfer carrot to a bowl. Add the olives.
- In a separate bowl, mix parsley, cumin, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and harissa sauce. Pour over carrots and mix. If the olives aren’t sweet, you can add in a spoon full of honey