Want to make something healthy yet delicious for dinner tonight? Don’t stress! This Sweet Potato Falafel recipe is baked, not fried! Try this healthy recipe now.
Your meal will be packed with nutrients and amazing spices. This healthy recipe is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, and of guilt free too.
Straight out of the oven, and on to the bowl… Don’t forget the top it off with sauce!
The recipe in the video makes enough for 2 hearty bowls, enjoy!
This healthy recipe is from Sweet Potato Soul
Servings: 4 (This video was adjusted to serve for 2)
Sweet Potato Falafel:
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked or steamed in the skin
- 14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
- ½ cup water
Sweet Potato Falafel
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor, and pulse until the ingredients are combined. (*Be careful not to over blend or puree. The ingredients should hold together, but maintain their texture. Use a cookie scoop, about 2 tbsp, to scoop falafel balls and place directly onto the baking sheet.)
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Place tahini ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Or place ingredients into a jar with a lid, and shake until creamy.