Searching for Paleo Recipes? This dish is a hearty comfort food dish and a delicious start to any brunch menu.
Not feeling hash? You can chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes instead! Because the chunks will be bigger bigger, you’ll have to bake them for 15-20 minutes before adding them to the sausage. For a fun presentation, you can also serve this in individual cast-iron skillets, making a well for each individual egg.
[Tweet “PALEO RECIPES: Sweet Potato & Sausage Hash with Baked Egg #paleo #recipe”]
PALEO SWEET POTATO & SAUSAGE HASH WITH BAKED EGG
YIELD: 4 servings
- 3 yams
- 3 sausage links (any flavor), removed from casings
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Clean and peel skin from yams.
- Using a box grater, hand-grate the sweet potatoes to make fine shreds.
- In a large, heatproof skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium-high. Add the onions and brown briefly, 2 minutes. Add the sausage links and break up with a spatula while cooking. Cook the sausage, stirring occasionally, until browned and cook through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and shredded sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make four wells in the potato hash. Carefully crack an egg into each of the wells. Season the eggs to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the eggs are set, with the yolk still soft.
- If you do not have a heatproof skillet, simply prepare all steps with a regular skillet, then transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Continue with the egg steps as above.
MORE… PALEO RECIPES:
PALEO EGG DISHES
- Poached Eggs with Quick–Sautéed Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
- Crust–Less Vegetable Quiche
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Baked Egg
- The Leftover Mash: Fried Egg with Parsnip Puree, Sausage, and Chard
PALEO SIDE DISHES
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Honey Toasted Pecans
- Fresh Brussels Sprout and Apple Slaw
- Fresh Radishes with Sea Salt, Butter, and Rustic Puree de Fines Herbs
- Wilted Swiss Chard
- Rosemary-Infused Parsnip Puree
- Maple Glazed Peppercorn Bacon
- Honey Lime Curd
- Coconut Macaroons
- Peach and Blueberry Nut Cobbler
- Carrot Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting