Perfect to feed a large crowd, this rustic fruit and nut cobbler is prepared in a casserole dish and is meant to be served by the warm, heaping spoonful. Feel free to use your favorite fruits and nuts. Blackberries and plums with a few teaspoons of freshly grated ginger root would be a perfect alternative!
PALEO PEACH AND BLUEBERRY NUT COBBLER
YIELD: 6 servings
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 peaches, cubed
- Juice from 1 ½ lemons
- 1 cup almond meal/almond flour
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans)
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly spread 1 Tbsp butter or coconut oil in a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine blueberries, peaches, and juice from one lemon. Toss slightly to coat the fruit with the lemon juice. Transfer fruit to the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond meal/flour, nuts, ¼ cup melted fat, remaining lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread the nut topping evenly over the fruit.
- Bake until the fruit is well cooked and bubbly and the topping is golden brown, approximately 35-45 minutes.
MORE… PALEO EGG DISHES
- Poached Eggs with Quick–Sautéed Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
- Crust–Less Vegetable Quiche
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Baked Egg
- The Leftover Mash: Fried Egg with Parsnip Puree, Sausage, and Chard
PALEO SIDE DISHES
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Honey Toasted Pecans
- Fresh Brussels Sprout and Apple Slaw
- Fresh Radishes with Sea Salt, Butter, and Rustic Puree de Fines Herbs
- Wilted Swiss Chard
- Rosemary-Infused Parsnip Puree
- Maple Glazed Peppercorn Bacon