Of course bacon can be a side dish! Lightly glazed in maple syrup and dusted with freshly cracked peppercorn, this bacon is the ULTIMATE paleo palate pleaser. Sticky, salty, savory, sweet, peppery…you might just want to hide these for yourself.
PALEO MAPLE GLAZED PEPPERCORN BACON
YIELD: 4-6 servings, or whoever can fight for the most!
- 1 lb of your favorite bacon slices (about 20 slices)
- 2 Tbsp good quality pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp freshly cracked peppercorn
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour the maple syrup in a bowl.
- Place a baking rack on two separate sheet pans and arrange the bacon in a single layer on top of each baking rack. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the bacon begins to brown.
- Remove the pan carefully from the oven (hot grease will be on the bottom!). Using a pastry brush, dip the brush in the maple syrup and brush each bacon slice with the syrup. Sprinkle each slice with the cracked peppercorn.
- Bake for another 5 to 8 minutes, until the bacon is fully cooked and is a warm golden brown color. Bake more or less depending upon your preference.
- Let cool slightly so that the maple syrup sets.
MORE… PALEO EGG DISHES
- Poached Eggs with Quick–Sautéed Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
- Crust–Less Vegetable Quiche
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Baked Egg
- The Leftover Mash: Fried Egg with Parsnip Puree, Sausage, and Chard
PALEO SIDE DISHES
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Honey Toasted Pecans
- Fresh Brussels Sprout and Apple Slaw
- Fresh Radishes with Sea Salt, Butter, and Rustic Puree de Fines Herbs
- Wilted Swiss Chard
- Rosemary-Infused Parsnip Puree
- Maple Glazed Peppercorn Bacon
- Honey Lime Curd
- Coconut Macaroons
- Peach and Blueberry Nut Cobbler
- Carrot Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting