Feeling overwhelmed by the idea of brunch leftovers? Get creative and prepare a fantastic breakfast TWO days in a row with our Leftover Mash! This recipe utilizes parsnip puree, Swiss chard greens, and sausage!
[Tweet “RECIPE: Paleo Leftover Mash With Fried Egg with Parsnip Puree, Sausage & Chard #paleo #recipe”]
PALEO LEFTOVER MASH: FRIED EGG WITH PARSNIP PUREE, SAUSAGE & CHARD
YIELD: 2 servings
- 2 leftover sausage links
- ½ cup prepared parsnip puree
- 1 cup prepared Swiss chard greens
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Reheat parsnip puree in the microwave and divide among two plates.
- Heat oil in medium skillet. Add red onions and cook until browned and softened. Add prepared Swiss chard greens to the skillet until warmed through and place on top of parsnip puree.
- Using the same pan, reheat the leftover sausage links until warmed and slightly browned. Remove any extra oil, leaving behind just a little to fry the eggs.
- Using the same pan, fry your eggs sunny-side up!
- Serve to happy guests!
MORE… PALEO EGG DISHES
- Poached Eggs with Quick–Sautéed Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
- Crust–Less Vegetable Quiche
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Baked Egg
- The Leftover Mash: Fried Egg with Parsnip Puree, Sausage, and Chard
PALEO SIDE DISHES
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Honey Toasted Pecans
- Fresh Brussels Sprout and Apple Slaw
- Fresh Radishes with Sea Salt, Butter, and Rustic Puree de Fines Herbs
- Wilted Swiss Chard
- Rosemary-Infused Parsnip Puree
- Maple Glazed Peppercorn Bacon
- Honey Lime Curd
- Coconut Macaroons
- Peach and Blueberry Nut Cobbler
- Carrot Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting