One of the best ways to welcome the spring season is to offer guests a revitalizing appetizer that pays homage to the freshest of ingredients. Enjoy the crisp, slightly peppery, and refreshing qualities of fresh radishes combined with a smear of high quality butter, sea salt, and a rustic herb spread. Fines herbs is a classic French blend of very aromatic leafy herbs. While you can play around with the types of herbs you use, avoid more wintry herbs like rosemary, sage, and thyme.
PALEO FRESH RADISHES WITH SEA SALT, BUTTER, AND RUSTIC PUREE DE FINES HERBS
YIELD: 10 small servings
- 1 bunch chervil
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 1 bunch watercress, blanched and chilled in an ice bath
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Radishes, 3-4 bunches (about 25 or so)
- ½ cup sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
For the Puree de Fines Herbs:
- In a food processor, combine all the bunches of herbs, olive oil, water, and fresh lemon juice and process until smooth. It will be slightly chunky.
- Serve immediately or store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Makes 1 ½ cups
- Clean the radishes: remove and discard the top stems/leaves and trim the root ends. Rinse under cold water. Dry and set aside.
- Whip the butter: Place the butter in a small bowl. Using a fork, whip the butter until light and fluffy.
- Transfer the butter, sauce, and salt to separate small serving bowls for dipping and spreading. Pace radishes on a serving platter and let guests dip as they please!
MORE… PALEO EGG DISHES
- Poached Eggs with Quick–Sautéed Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
- Crust–Less Vegetable Quiche
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Baked Egg
- The Leftover Mash: Fried Egg with Parsnip Puree, Sausage, and Chard
PALEO SIDE DISHES
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Honey Toasted Pecans
- Fresh Brussels Sprout and Apple Slaw
- Fresh Radishes with Sea Salt, Butter, and Rustic Puree de Fines Herbs
- Wilted Swiss Chard
- Rosemary-Infused Parsnip Puree
- Maple Glazed Peppercorn Bacon
- Honey Lime Curd
- Coconut Macaroons
- Peach and Blueberry Nut Cobbler
- Carrot Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting