This quiche is both dairy and gluten free and the perfect casserole to feed a crowd of hungry paleo people for brunch. Replace zucchini and carrots with your own medley of favorite vegetables like mushroom, peppers, onions, tomatoes, or broccoli. Craving some meat? Add a cup of cooked sausage, ham, or some prosciutto from the Poached Eggs with Quick–Sautéed Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto.
PALEO CRUST–LESS VEGETABLE QUICHE
YIELD: 6-8 servings
- 1 large zucchini, shredded or grated
- 1 large carrot, shredded or grated
- 12 eggs, beaten in a separate bowl
- 1 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with the butter or coconut oil. Set aside.
- Strain the zucchini and carrot with a dishtowel to release extra moisture.
- Mix together the strained zucchini, carrots, salt, pepper, and eggs together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the edges are brown – The quiche will be puffy when first removed from the oven and will deflate.
MORE… PALEO EGG DISHES
- Poached Eggs with Quick–Sautéed Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
- Crust–Less Vegetable Quiche
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash with Baked Egg
- The Leftover Mash: Fried Egg with Parsnip Puree, Sausage, and Chard
PALEO SIDE DISHES
- Roasted Beet and Arugula Salad with Honey Toasted Pecans
- Fresh Brussels Sprout and Apple Slaw
- Fresh Radishes with Sea Salt, Butter, and Rustic Puree de Fines Herbs
- Wilted Swiss Chard
- Rosemary-Infused Parsnip Puree
- Maple Glazed Peppercorn Bacon