Hey, college basketball fans! Ready to get March Madness started and get you game grub on? Are you tired of serving snacks that weigh you down, drenched in batter and oil, or just filled with crap? We know it can be a tough recovery after filling your body with over-processed snacks and nutrition-less treats! Check out these vegetarian recipes you can make!
That’s why we’ve created your go-to-guide with 8 RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME vegetarian apps that’ll have even your least health-conscious friend begging for more! Whip up these simple and delicious appetizers and please everyone at the game (not the least of which is yourself!) Thanks a million to all of the fabulous foodie bloggers who created these mouthwatering recipes for us to indulge in!
1) Cauliflower Buffalo “Wings” by Popsugar: Popsugar’s recipe for cauliflower buffalo wings will blow you away. These babies are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and can have as much kick as your little heart desires! Who said vegetarians can’t have buffalo poppers? And who said such scrumptious snacks need to be deep fried?!
2) Cowboy Caviar by name of Le Creme de la Crumb: Caviar for the country in you! Le Creme de la Crumb has really got our mouths watering with this one! Just look at those colors…all of those complimentary flavors in one bite – YUM!
3) Skinny Mozzarella Sticks by Simple Green Moms: Can’t you just smell that melty cheese wafting right off of your computer screen?! Simple Green Moms nailed this recipe right on the head. These are sure to be a hit with any guest, whether they’re a basketball fan or “I’m just here for the party.”
4) Red Pepper & Artichoke Hummus by What’s Gaby Cooking: Break away from the boring, same-old, “original recipe” hummus train! Gaby is cooking up this yummy red pepper & hummus with crispy pita chips for quick dips and loads of crunch! Just chew quietly during free throws, okay?
5) Zucchini Fritters by Damn Delicious: Don’t these look…well…Damn Delicious?! We love the green color and the undoubtedly crispy texture of these healthy fritters. Your scallion pancake loving friends will beg you for this recipe!
6) Skinny Queso Dip by Damn Delicious: Healthy queso? Can it be done? It already has been! Damn Delicious strikes again with this appealing appetizer. Those colors! Blue corn tortilla chips are the absolute perfect partner for this delightful dip.
7) Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Tots by Wishful Chef: WE LOVE TOTS! Apparently, so does Wishful Chef, because they went ahead and whipped up this awesome recipe. Like we’ve always said, snacks and apps don’t need to be fried to be delicious. Pop these puppies in the oven and you’re good to go; kids and adults alike will fall in love! (We love feeling like kids again)!
8) Healthy Beet Dip by Sugar and Charm: O.M.G. Talk about a pop of color! This is the brightest and most funky dip we’ve ever laid eyes on. The secret? Why, beets, of course! No icky food coloring required! Sugar and Charm has us swooning; although this version is savory, we bet you could swap out the olive oil for coconut, switch the seasoning to cinnamon, and maybe add a dash of honey to make this into a delectable dessert-like dip!
And there you have it! 8 amazing, delectable, HEALTHY appetizers for your March Madness munching! Try out one, two, or even all 8 of these and let us know what you (and your hungry, happy friends) think!