Is there such a thing as a healthy dessert? Well, this chocolate mousse is one, and you won’t believe how easy it is to make. You’ll enjoy every bite of this mousse without regret.
Who doesn’t love a sweet treat once in awhile? Why not every day? This chocolate mousse recipe is not only decadent and sweet, but you can have more than one serving without compromising your waistline. You might be wondering how this is even possible. Well let me tell you, all you need are…Avocados.
Avocados are nutrient dense fruits, with a fleshy pulp and seed in the center. They are great in smoothies, salads and desserts.
Some of the health benefits from avocados include maintenance of cholesterol levels, osteoporosis prevention, lowers risk of depression, and improves digestion.
Photo: Huffington Post
It may seem odd, but when you really think about rich avocados with chocolate mousse, it starts to make a lot of sense. It’s a similar concept to zucchini bread, a play on banana bread that you won’t regret eating the whole loaf.
Photo: Daily Burn
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com
Chocolate-Avocado Mousse Recipe
To make this chocolate mousse, you’ll need the ingredients listed below. Since it is such a simple recipe, you can easily substitute for the products and fit it to your taste.
- 1/2 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ripe (8 oz) Avocados
- 1/2 cup Agave
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Fine Salt
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries, for garnish
- Place chocolate chips in small bowl. Place over saucepan with simmering water, to melt the chocolate. This should take about 3 minutes, and chocolate should be smooth.Set aside to cool.
- After chocolate is cooled, place melted chocolate, avocados, agave, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt into a food processor. Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mousse into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with berries of choice.
Check out some of our other chocolate and avocado mousse favorites from around the web below.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Photo/recipe: Well Plated
Try this variation of the avocado chocolate mousse recipe. Not only is it decadent, but it’s also vegan and gluten free.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Avocado Pudding
Photo/Recipe: Minimalist Baker
Take your chocolate mousse to the next level with this chocolate peanut butter avocado pudding. Adding peanut butter not only improves flavor but is very nutrient dense, give this creamy recipe an attempt if you are a peanut lover.
Espresso Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Photo/Recipe: Unconventional Baker
Try this instant and delicious variation, espresso chocolate avocado mousse. Very simple recipe that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but gives you that boost of energy. Use your choice of toppings like : coconut, berries, or whip cream.