Sautéed, shredded, baked and roasted … Kale comes in many forms! But what I love about this Kale and Avocado Salad Recipe is that the kale retains it’s bright green color bursting with flavor while mixing with the creaminess of avocado and light crisp flavors of fresh radish.
The secret to this recipe is in the massage … that’s right, stretch out those hands and get ready to DIY your own veggie spa in the kitchen for this one. Why is it so important? The massage actually helps take away the bitterness of the kale – which if you’ve ever tried (and failed) at making a delicious kale salad in the past, you’re all too familiar with!
- 1/2 Bushel of Kale
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Bushel of Radishes
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash your kale and dry each individual stem with a paper towel
- Break off the kale leaves into a large bowl avoiding the stalk or thick veins (the kale leaves should be relatively dry at this point)
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice to the kale
- Add the avocados into the bowl
- MASSAGE TIME! Get ready to get (mildly) dirty! With your hands, slowly break down and massage the avocado into the kale for approx 3-5 minutes
- Wash, dry and slice the radishes – I like them sliced thin so stick to your preference on this one!
- Pop your salad into the fridge for 30-60 minutes before eating to let the juices break the kale down even more
And now.. with pictures!
Do you have any ideas on ways to make this salad EVEN TASTIER?! Leave a comment below and let me know! xoxo