With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, thoughts turn to love…and sweets…at least my thoughts do! I love to make sweet treats in the kitchen but I also like to keep them on the healthy side. This Chocolate Bark with Tart Cherries and Almonds fits both requirements perfectly.
We know that dark chocolate is a delicious way to take in antioxidants. But did you know that tart cherries are packed with one of the most potent classes of flavonoids called anthocyanins? These are what give tart cherries their extraordinary anti-inflammatory properties known to ease pain, muscle soreness, and other conditions associated with inflammation.
This chocolate bark is quick and easy to make and it pairs well with a romantic glass of red wine. It’s sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy and creamy all in one decadent bite. I hope you enjoy it!
Chocolate Bark with Tart Cherries and Almonds
- 1lb. Dark or bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2C Roasted, unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2/3C Dried tart cherries
- 1t Smoked salt
- Temper the chocolate. Not sure how to do this? Learn how here.
- Working quickly, pour melted chocolate onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in one layer about ¼” thick.
- Immediately and artfully sprinkle the almonds, cherries and salt evenly and lightly press down so they embed into the chocolate.
- Put pan in a cool place to harden, about an hour.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Marcia, the creator of Marcia’s Healthy Slice is an avid runner and mom of two girls. She’s a 6x marathoner, 2x Boston Marathoner and budding triathlete. After qualifying for the Boston Marathon during her second marathon she was sucked into a vortex of love for running and marathons! Read Marcia’s story
CONNECT WITH MARCIA ON: