Want to try something healthy but tired of boring salad recipes? Try this new and creative recipe using chimichurri.
This chimichurri will upgrade your sandwich and you won’t believe you made something this good at home. This recipe is simple and can be done in 10 minutes.
- 1 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed, cleaned
- 1 ½ tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp steak sauce
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tsp Chimichurri
- ⅓ Tomatos, sliced
- Add portobello mushrooms to a shallow baking dish or large freezer bag. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, cumin, black pepper, paprika, garlic, and steak sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add sauce to the mushrooms and use a pastry brush to brush on all sides. Marinate on one side for 5 minutes, then the other side for 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill or a large skillet over medium heat. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and deep golden brown. Brush on any remaining marinade while cooking to infuse more flavor.
- Start putting together your sandwich, start with 1 slice of bread, a bed of greens, portobello mushroom, chimichurri, tomatoes, and the second slice of bread.
Marinate adapted by Minimalist Baker
Featured Product: Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce by River Wave Foods